![]() |
| Octopus from Gannets in the Galway Market |
![]() |
| Finished product |
I have never cooked octopus before, but when the opportunity presents itself, you have to give it a go. Bought two lovely octopi. Then on to an organic bakery stall for the ciabatta. YUM!!!!!
Cooking the octopus was a bit of an adventure. We had to gut it, which should probably not have been as difficult as it was. Instead I ended up accidentally poking the gut sack with the scissors. BRAINS EVERYWHERE! Note to self, be a bit more careful.
Washed the octopus, gutted it, cleaned up brains, then beat it to tenderize the meat. Tossed it in with a bit of garlic and olive oil and fried it til it changed from clearish to white. Squeezed on some fresh lemon and added a bit of pepper. I am not really one for cooking seafood. I don't really know how to and am always terrified of over cooking it. This has definitely encouraged me to give it a bit more of a go.
This has also made me realize what an amazing asset the Galway Market it. I've always liked it and would go there with some regularity, but today really drove home what a novelty it is to have such amazing food for so cheap within walking distance of my house. The advantage it, most of it is local baked, grown or caught and all the stalls are local small business owners. I am really fortunate to have access to such a fantastic array of fresh local food.


No comments:
Post a Comment